19 May 2009

More disappointments?

Salam

Ok i had a recent encounter when I was asking for an opinion. Firstly no offence to anyone. I just could not grasp how some malays are thinking lowly of themselves. When ask about how far they want to go in life some just said that oh come on we malays cannot do it, look at how the social standings in Singapore are. I was like stunned actually hearing it for the first time. I also felt disappointed with that comment. I have to say we should not think lowly of ourselves or our own community. I was like if you yourself think that you are not on par with the other races then why don't you yourself bring yourself on par with them. I don't think I find it as challenge as I am always in constant competition with my classmates who are off different races. I have to admit I feel right at home. I believe this kind of competition is healthy and it builds a person. Before this never did I once think I was different from my classmates as for me race or religion at that point doesn't matter because we are all studying in the same classroom and the same subjects. Some maybe better than others, but then again to me we are people and we have different wants in life.

The comment took me by surprise really I wasn't prepared to hear it but I did and I didn't know how to react to that reply. I guess I am just filled with so much wants in my head that I never stop to think about the social standings or competition. I believe that if we have talents for a lot of things we should fight for it. Competition is like a norm in life. If there is no competition then where is the stress right.

So i suggest to those who think that their own race cannot make it in society think again. We all have what it takes to make or break our future. Don't stick to the believe that oh malay cannot make it just give up. No i suggest for you to break it and show people you can make it. In malay I will say, "Tak kan maju lah melayu jikalau berfikiran sempit dan tidak berwawasan." or in mat or minah terms " Bile mau maju beb!" So go for your dreams. Do what you want! To be the best you have to put at least 200% of your best! Don't ever give up because of what society say. Coz you know what the society are just lazy! If more people are like that your own race won't be going anywhere. You must fight for your future, coz its ur future not theirs! Alright!

Now I will try to find what I want to do next! Hahaha...

ciaozziez...

No comments: