22 December 2008

Day 5,6 & 7 in Tanjung Pinang

Photos from the trip....
Breakfast...
Night karaoke session @ Coffee House
Getting ready...
The wedding we went to...
@ Opening Ceremony....

Hola peeps!

Today I'm blogging back at Sunny Singapore! Yes we r all back! But all the memories and experience were greatly shared among all of us equally. All the laughter and all the tears. I love everyone who went. Thank you all for believing that I can do it as a Stage Manager. I do believe I did soooo much more better there than the previous one. Its all thanks to all the support guys. I would never forget it. So lets look back at what we did on the last 3 days of the trip.

Day 5

Breakfast was served at 7.30am. All of us were all summon to the Coffee House to eat breakfast. Then the 5 of us crew members were all sent to the performance area, Gedung Aisyah. The stage were to be set, stage props to be marked, lighting to be set and sound to be checked.  The guys went for their friday prayers while the girls continue doing the stage plotting and light plotting. I have to say its gonna be hard to handle everything but well the stage is set and all the crew members are ready. Oh yeah! Then all of us went back to the hotel some to get some rest most of the other SSP peeps are busy gettting ready or getting oThers get ready. "HAIRSPRAY!" Ok...while the busy-ness is happening in the hotel, me, sash and ayah halim went to pasar to settle the coming back home tix and run some errands. Then we head back to the hotel. Sash rested while me, arif & khai checked on the props and make sure that everything was there.  Then wake Sash up get Mai and the awesome musicians down. So we are all out first to get our final things done. Props complete, lights checked and sounds checked. All good! Then the actors come together with the rest of the lovely ssp peeps! They all come in and set up and we are all on standby. Ayah and cikgu gave some speech and I gave the most tearful speech. Yeah. I set it all straight with tears as I have to say the most of the cast are hard to handle due to lots of reason. After which, the show is all set and on the run. I have to say the show itself was perfect i guess. All cues were met. Love it lah! Thanks to Sash for the lights, Arif and Cik Jabar together with the Tjg Png guys, Ida, Diah, Fard & Mai for the costumes and Khai for the sound. Then we all head back to the hotel and chill to eat dinner together. I have to say lots happen on this day but Its all ok.

Day 6
Ayah was looking for us girls but we were out and about releasing our stresses from yesterday and trying to avoid people. Had a tearful morning with ayah and mama that morning after which we went SHOPPING!!! All at Ramayana. Hahaha...awesome i tell u. Shopping was fun. When suddenly the whole mall went blackout. I got to say that wasn' t the first blackout we had but yeah, interesting experience. Then we all went back to the hotel, change and get ready to go to a wedding. How cool right. A wedding. I love to take photos at weddings lah. Hahaha...then Gurindam Sayang performed and we are all enjoying the wedding feast. We met the king and queens for the day and wish them the best of luck. Then we are back to the hotel again. This time we are getting ready for the closing ceremony of the whole fest.  It was fun. I took pictures and I met a photographer. Hahaha...yeah...he taught me some stuff about my techniques. Its true that there is no end in photography. No one will actually know where photography ends. Then took lots of the photos and we talked and share about our countries on our culture. Ok then I went back to the rest and we are bck to the hotel. Great night I tell you.

Day 7
Last day in Tanjung Pinang. Wake up early, ate b-fast and went for final shopping! Our bags were packed and we r ready for more shopping. Oh yeah. We dropped our bags to my room and all head out to shop at Pasar. Yeah! We all did our shopping most of us got what we wanted and we are ready or half ready to go back to Singapore. So go back on the bus and go back to the hotel. Then got our bags out and got ready to check out of the room. All of us with our bright yellow Bangsawan Madu Kencana shirt on, look all bright and happy. But I know deep inside each and everyone of us were hesitant to leave this beautiful island or our companions on this trip. I felt the bond we shared among the ups and downs of this trip. I do believe all of us grew more mature in our thinking. So off we set on the bus to the jetty. All pretty silent on the bus but got noisy again after a while. Passing by all the places we've been give me all the good times we had there. Hahaha...yeah...The ferry was waiting for us. Off we set off on the journey back to Singapore.

Today....
I feel that I miss everyone on the trip. Well mostly the SSP peeps, mama & ayah. I miss sleeping in a bed with the girls, all 6 in a bed. Even fard fall of the bed. hahaha...talk all night long till everyone fall asleep. Everyone with their tired eyes but still hold on just to spend time with each other. I miss it. I miss waking ppl up for breakfast. I miss going to events and wearing baju kurung. I miss all the girls getting ready together for make up. I miss ayah teka-teki and his stories. I miss mama soothing motherly words to make us feel loved. I miss everything there. I miss everyone there.

I feel like a totally different person there. A person with no load to hold but just the Stage Manager role. No school, no family problems to worry about and no other problems to deal with. I feel free. I want to feel like that again. Now back in Singapore I have to take charge of all that again. Only this time I have to count on myself with not much support. I miss having people to support me telling me I can do it. My mum does that but one person is not strong enough to withstand the problems I face. I need to be stronger so I can help everyone in my family and help myself be successful. Oh yeah!

I miss being free!!!

Now I just gotta get back to life and face it like it is. Nothing is going to change unless I change it. Love Everyone!

No comments: